So I have seriously started looking at plans and ideas for building a window seat and book shelf in my bedroom. I would love to be able to be amazing enough to build it myself. I have so many great ideas and I hope I can do it without the help of someone else. If I could figure out how to post photos I will add them here. Mainly, I just want to try and get in the the swing of writing every day.
While I made all the design decisions in the house, I didn’t have the time to do it myself after I moved in, so I had all the work done first and by contractors. Now I have a laundry list of things I want to do – and do myself this time!
* Built in window seat/bookcase in my bedroom – then paint the bookcase I inherited with the house and relocate it to the laundry room or garage
* Add shelving above my bedroom door
* Add a banquet in the sunroom for more seating and storage. Not sure where I’ll put Grandsam’s sofa and coffee table. I don’t really want to part with those.
* Wall of frames in the living room – I have gotten it started but I will probably end up painting some of the frames so they’re all white. Except for my pretty purple one of course.
* Paint the dresser I inherited from my brothers. Something cool like the reverse stencil or painting it white with the detailing a different color and move it to the man-couch room
* Paint the dresser I inherited from Grandsam white and either decoupage the drawer faces with fun fabric, paint them fun colors, OR add new fun hardware
* Make a bean bag for the other corner of my room
* Buy another nightstand to match mine (after the dressers have been painted and relocated)
* Add more artwork to my bedroom walls and make what I already have more balanced
* Make the laundry room more unified/clean
* Remove & sell Elfa shelves and make floating shelves (or a more inconspicuous laundry shelf)
* Sell the man-couch and the futon
* Not sure what I want to do with the laundry room yet. Originally it was going to be a guest room or office but now I think I’m going to make the 3rd bedroom that instead.
* Paint the middle bedroom
* Get a new frame and mattress for my room and move my current one into the middle bedroom (along with the dresser and my old nightstand)
* Add artwork
* Decoupage all the light fixture covers something fun
* Add beadboard somewhere. Maybe the entryway?
* Clean out the hall closets
* Turn linen closet into “library” – love this idea, may or may not be practical
* Organize kitchen & pantries
* Plant trees, herbs, and veggies in backyard
* Build new dining table and benches
* New fan in sun room
* Enlarge back patio
* Build roofing over it
* Remove corner planter on front porch, replace with swing
* Paint porch
* Level walkway up to the house, add stairs
* Remove bushes from front & trees from side and transplant them to act as privacy bushes on the side yards
* Add lamp in front yard
* Replace porch light
* Update mailbox/add numbers
* Remove mailbox by door
* Replace numbers
* Repaint house exterior
And I’m sure there are many other things I want to do, I just can’t think of any.